May 27, 2021
Traditional approaches to strategic planning are being challenged by our collective interest in elevating equity and racial justice. Organizations and institutions are increasingly grappling with how to advance equity in their internal policies, practices, and culture, and disrupt inequities in their external work with partners.
Our four presenters from Health Resources in Action have deep experience facilitating strategic planning efforts, and supporting organizations to rethink their approaches to intentionally center equity. Brittany Chen, Managing Director, Health Equity, Mo Barbosa, Senior Director, Community Engagement, Mitzi Fennel, Chief Operating Officer, and Steve Ridini, President and CEO, will share frameworks and learnings from HRiA’s own internal equity-centered strategic planning process and its external efforts with clients and communities, and will lead a discussion on how to incorporate equity in your organization’s planning efforts.
- Introductions and Overview
- Strategic Planning 101: Facilitating Alignment and Strategic Thinking
III. Rethinking Strategic Planning: Health Equity Framework
- Putting Health Equity in Action: Weaving our internal and external approaches
- What new ideas have you gained?
- Thinking about your unique role as a non-profit financial manager, what might you bring back or explore further?